|1. Instructions ←|
|2. Sign In |
|3. Nominator Information |
|4. Nomination Statement |
|5. Nominee Information |
|6. Supporting References |
|7. Supporting Documents |
|8. Submit Request |
|Nomination Submission Deadline:
||March 23, 2019
|Nomination Review Timeline:
||Nominations will be reviewed in May.
||Annual spring dinner & meeting.
The ESOL Teacher of the Year Award honors two ESOL educators -- K-12 and Higher Education-- who go above and beyond in their job duties inside and outside of the ESOL classroom.
Applicants are evaluated on their ability to:
- inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn.
- have a positive impact on students and colleagues.
- participate in continuing professional development.
- create a supportive and encouraging learning environment by providing quality language instruction based on well-articulated theory, philosophy, educational research and best practice.
- play an active and useful role in the community as well as in the school demonstrated through collaborative partnerships and relationships.
- demonstrate involvement in the field
- demonstrate evidence of positive teacher effect on student learning through formal and/or informal documentation.
- incorporate innovative and effective lesson strategies and evaluation techniques by utilizing new scholarship from TESOL or related fields.
- demonstrate a commitment to English language teaching.
This annual award is given to one K-12 and one Higher Education ESOL teacher who have distinguished themselves within that year for specific reasons. Nominees must be ESOL educators in the State of Maryland and a member of Maryland TESOL. One K-12 and one Higher Education teacher will be awarded each year.
- Nominator Information
- Nomination Statement (maximum 4,000 characters)
- Nominee Information
- Supporting Documents
- The award is non-competitive.
- The Awards Committee will consider all nominees meeting the sustained and exemplary test criteria for the award.
- The Award is presented at the Annual Spring Dinner & Meeting.
- The Award winner will receive the following:
- Complimentary invitation to the Annual Spring Dinner
- One-year complimentary MDTESOL membership
Click "Next" to start the nomination process.
We're sorry, but the submission window for this form has closed.