ATES Travel Grant to Senegal
Call for Applications for the ATES Travel Grant
Deadline: November 15, 2012
MDTESOL has entered into a partnership with the Association of Teachers of English Senegal. One of the activities covered by the partnership will be a teacher exchange program. MDTESOL has invited an ATES member to present at the MDTESOL conference on November 3, 2012 and one of MDTESOL members will be invited to present during the ATES National English Day in Dakar, Senegal. Both exchange teachers will visit educational institutions and possibly guest teach in the host country. Travel costs associated with the exchange program will be covered by MDTESOL and the candidate to travel to Senegal will be selected through a travel grant application process.
What does the grant cover?
The ATES Travel Grant is intended to help cover the costs of traveling to Senegal for the ATES National English Day celebration as it is relevant to the teaching of English as a Second Language.
How much is the grant worth? When will it be awarded?
The recipient of the MDTESOL/ATES Travel Grant will receive a maximum of $1,200 to cover the cost of airfare. Applications will be evaluated by the Maryland TESOL Board, and awarded within a month of the application deadline.
Who can apply?
Any Maryland TESOL member may apply for the MDTESOL/ATES Travel Grant.
What must I do to apply?
- Complete the form below.
- Describe (in no more than 350 words, typed) how you would fulfill the conditions of this grant, including possible presentation topics, what to teach at a school in Senegal or how observation at a Senegalese school might benefit you and the greater ESOL community.
- Include your resume with your application form and 350-word description.
Is there anything else that I need to know?
Conditions of accepting the MDTESOL/ATES Travel Grant:
- Attend Senegal's National English Day celebration in January or February 2013
- Observe and/or teach at two ATES schools
- Contribute an 800-1,300-word article for the MDTESOL Newsletter
- MDTESOL does not assume any responsibility or liability for grant recipients traveling to Senegal.
Housing and travel once in Senegal will be arranged with ATES.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the information above and application here.